Positive Ageing works to give older Londoners a voice over the issues which concern them.
Over the past year and a half, we have held a series of public seminars, conferences and workshops, we have covering issues such as:
- Diversity and Inclusion;
- Digital Inclusion and older people;
- Employment, Economic Development and Skills strategies;
- And finally, post Brexit UK and older people.
Following these events, we have developed a series of recommendations that reflect the concerns of older Londoners. We have developed these in partnership with a wide range of age related expert organisations.
Our recommendations have been submitted to the Brexit secretary and the Parliamentary Committee on Exiting the EU, as well as to the Mayor of London.
But we want to go further. We would ask you to read these recommendations and then use them in hustings ahead of the 2018 local elections. We also ask you to engage your own parties or branches, your councillors, MPs, Trade Unions, employers and trade organisations to endorse these ideas.
We would also encourage people to raise issues themselves with their representatives and submit ideas to the Mayor and the GLA as well as relevant government ministers or Parliamentary representatives.
Our recommendations to help create a better city for older Londoners…
- Our response to the Mayor’s Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
- Our report on Employment and Economic Development for Older Londoner
- Our recommendations to the mayor on the Silver Economy.
- Our response to the London Housing Strategy
- Our response to the Smart London Strategy