By 2050, estimates suggest that people aged over 65 will outnumber children under five. This is creating a new and powerful consumer class, and presents new opportunities for life-long work and employment – a new silver economy.
The Mayor of London’s draft plan for an inclusive and growing economy is currently out for consultation. But does the plan harness the potential of London’s growing silver economy?
Positive Ageing bought together older Londoners, along with businesses and the third sector to to discuss how the mayor’s new economic strategy supports older working people.
5 presentations on older workers & employment…
We’re pleased to share the five presentations from the event, please click to download:
- An overview on older workers in London & the UK, Chris Walsh, Chair of Positive Ageing in London and Age Platform (UK Branch).
- New Lessons for understanding retirement and employment transitions in later life, Dr Brian Beach – Senior Research Fellow ILC -UK
- Situation of Older Workers across EU – examples of Best practice,Phillippe Seidel, Age Platform Europe, Employment specialist
- Best practice in helping organisations become age and employment experts, Peter Murphy – Head of Projects – Wise Age
- How to get long term over 50s back into work.